Marilyn has been exhibiting and teaching about our new edible, flexible, fabric-like compound called Flexique®. You can check it out at http://www.flexique.com.
This red dress was her Fashion Show entry in the America's Cake Fair in Orlando, FL created out of Flexique.
Check out Marilyn's upcoming hands-on cookie class at That Takes the Cake Show in February 2022.
Sign up today here!
No matter the occasion, the cake you choose should reflect your personality. From birthdays, baby showers and weddings to anniversaries or graduation parties, we can create a cake with the shape, icing and flavor of your choosing.
We are a family operated, licensed, business located in Bealeton, VA. Marilyn Bawol is the owner and creative director of Unique Cakes, LLC. She uses her expertise in art and cake decorating to create masterpieces in cake.
Marilyn is partnered with her husband Joe whom she refers to as her guy Friday. Joe manages most of the everyday business aspects (scheduling, orders, invoicing, deliveries, supporting structure construction, fondant sheeting, etc) giving Marilyn the time to devote to what she likes to do best - making cakes.
Keeping this a family affair, Marilyn also leans on her son and daughter-in-law, Joe and Elizabeth, to guide her marketing and advertising efforts. Joe is the marketing director and they both actually developed the current logo and tag line used today.
Though Marilyn took several classes from some well-known cake masters, she is basically self-taught. She constantly experiments with products and processes which often produces
some interesting results. She is very proficient using fondant and gumpaste colors, designs and impressions, carving likenesses from photos, forming very real-looking flowers and leaves, airbrushing for realism, utilizing gelatin and chocolate in unusual ways to produce fabric like materials.
Marilyn's philosophy is that a cake should not only look great but also taste great. All her cakes are made fresh for each customer.
Partnering with a company that produces thousands of different flavor extracts and compounds, Marilyn can create any flavor profile that you can dream up.
Marilyn is an award winning cake artist. People are always raving about her cakes. See what they have to say and take a look at what they're talking about. If you want a unique masterpiece in cake that will be the talk of the town, contact us with your details today
1. Orders within one week of event will incur an additional $25 expedite fee
2. Tastings (for up to 4 attendees) are typically scheduled on Sundays. The $30 tasting fee covers up to three cake and filling flavors prepared specifically to satisfy your requirements.
3. Photographs are taken during the tasting and are provided to the lucky couple with the cake delivery.
4. Date is not held until the retainer is received.
5. If acceptance is not received within two weeks after a cake commitment form is sent, the order will be considered to be cancelled.
6. Balance due is payable by cash or check.
7. A pick-up will incur a box charge and will require execution of a disclaimer form.
8.The pick-up vehicle should have a large flat area to hold the cake box. Most car seats are not flat.
9.There is no extra charge for different cake flavors in each cake tier.
10.Delivery cost is based upon mileage.